Sunday, October 14, 2007

Chocolate CAN be good for you?


Based on the eledged postitive findings of a pilot study to test the theory that a daily portion of dark high percentage chocolate reduces the effects of fatigue (Chocolate 'can be good for you', York Press, 3 October 2007) over at Hull Royal Infirmary, i set out to try for myself despite the criticism found here - http://listserv.nodak.edu/cgi-bin/wa.exe?A2=ind0710a&L=co-cure&T=0&O=D&P=2655

Yesterday evening, a "DARK 70% GREEN & BLACK's ORGANIC" dark chocolate bar reached me. I have since realised the study included a 85% dark choco bar, but the only 85% dark choco bar that mom could find was not organic and therefore not an option. And hey, could a 15% difference really add up to all that much in terms of result? Well, since yesterday i've had a few small pieces and will continue to consume it for the eight weeks the study lasted and report back to you as time passes.

I don't really expect any postive results but hey, it's a health-reason to eat chocolate for cryin' out loud :-)

On another subject, i plan on adding all the medication i take to the sidebar to the right of the Blog under my symptoms later on this evening. Maybe my progress, especially in regards to my pain as well as general improvement in fatigue compared to 2 years ago, can help someone else this far gone in ME out there. Obviously i have a looong way to go as i'm still bed-bound, but it's progress nonetheless and very noticeable at that. I used to not even be able to use a urination bottle by myself. It was that bad and i'm grateful for the improvement since then to say the least, despite the fact that my progress still hasn't gotten me out of this bed. Yet.

Take care.

No comments: