Sunday, November 18, 2007

A break at last?

Although i had to take a loan the size of Texas to accomplish it and will have to cope with accepting charity from my remote family to be able to afford food due to the cost of not only the monthly rent but also the high loan interest, i'm finally [if all goes well] moving in to my very own apartment this December. Well, the loan hasn't actually cleared yet but the bank gave me an official "promise of loan" so i should be good to go. I wouldn't have gotten the loan if my mother hadn't vouched for me economically and i believe she did it as she is just as tired of the situation as i am.

Last Thursday, i went by transport to look at the apartment before signing the papers on site and i loved it. A wee bit on the small side for the price but newly renovated and very sober. After the trip i was completely out of it with fever but it and every other strain put in towards the move will be worth it in the end obviously. I can't wait as i see some great improvement in my health in just the change of environment. Finally i'll be able to spend more energy towards more important things evolving around the relief of my symptoms and improvement of my overall health as much as possible.

Some more good news for a change - I might actually be getting that electrical wheelchair i've been fighting so long to get. The person over at the LSS people in charge of deciding who gets an electrical wheelchair and who doesn't, is coming for a visit. Can't see how she could not grant me one seeing as it would mean a world of difference in my struggle to become more independent.

I might actually be able to drive out on my very own balcony in the near future, just to watch the sun set. Believe that??!! I still haven't had the health to sit in the lounge chair beside the bed for more then half an hour to this date and not too often to say the least, but i'll get there and will be able to reach the point where i can drive out to see that sun set. I know i will.

But i find myself reluctant in my joy as i know how i always set myself up for a fall that way when things later start to go south. Well, in any case things are moving forward and looking up a bit.

Here's hoping...

1 comment:

Dr Speedy said...

Keep on hoping, you really cheered me up a while ago when I needed it after getting so much stick and nonsense thrown my way.

Much appreciated so hopefully you get your electric wheelcahir and the people who decide are starting to get some normal sense back.

TC