Thursday, September 27, 2007

Interesting research update

Hey guys, just thought i'd sneak this in, something very interesting that i found a link to.

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=8337&T=CFIDS_FM&B1=EM091907C

As it's widely known, ME/CFS seem to have different causing/triggering factors from induvidual to induvidual but if these research findings can be verified etc, this could mean they've found a possible causing factor for what could be the majority of us as i figure it. What's not to forget, is that we've been trough this before though. Many times. So whenever a new research find is publsihed, i always take it with a grain of salt and wait to see what becomes of it. I remember earlier on in my illness, as soon as someone even hinted at there being a possible "cure" or new research finding that would most likely lead to one, i always got all riled up - seeing me just walking out of there out into health and being able to take my life back. Well, that was a long time ago and i now know better. I've come to rely only on myself for the "cure", which has been to listen to my body when it clearly shows me what it needs as well as a cocktail of high doses of Q-10 amongst others. I'll go into that a bit later though.

I never did that you see, listen to my body that is. I got in to the whole gym scene at 14 - wanting to become a body builder a bit to young perhaps, working out hard 5 days a week for up to 4 hours a day, not quite understanding that my body needed rest as well. It was about from the time i was 14 that i started having these continuous colds that ended up lasting a lot longer then what i was normally used to. Most likely, that period of extreme strain on my body, triggered all of this. But triggered what? I almost died in a herpes infection breakout when i was two years old and my life apparently hung on a thin thread. They had apparently never seen a case that bad in Sweden to that date and documented me into their files for research purposes i am told. Obviously i made it through, but every time i get a cold, i also get the oral herpes blisters on my tongue and sores on the edges of either side of my mouth. Sometimes it feels like the herpes is/was behind it all and was keeping my immune system so strained, coupled with my extreme physical exercise, that it eventually lead to this.


Speaking (typing?) of colds - also, as this below article touches upon, getting a cold is one of your worst enemies when you have ME/CFS as it often leads to a relapse and ruins what little progress you've achieved in your journey to what is hopefully better health. Some good reading, check it out.

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/8367

I have no illusions of me being able to keep up with all the current and future ME related research and posting it in this Blog, but i will however post any findings i might come across if interesting enough. There are plenty of places like the ones that are represented in the link section up to your right that fill that need a hell of a lot better then i ever could :-)


Later.

No comments: