Thursday, September 27, 2007

Balancing upon a fine line

Just added a list of my symptoms on the sidebar to the right.

Lately i've been straining myself way above the guidelines i've set up for myself and what's good for me and have been skipping my exercise schedule due to many things. Mostly i've had less energy to spare due to the unstable situation at home as well as an increased usage of the computer. I really need to take control of this again as that exercise schedule is most likely a huge part of why i've made it this far in the first place, balancing the fact that exercise actually makes my symptoms and overall condition much worse and the fact that some parts of my body need the exercise not to deteriate as well as to avoid muscle atrophy. It's a fine line and like i mentioned, the reason why i've made it this far is most likely a large part due to the fact that i've found a really great system - something that healthcare should've provided me with me with a long time ago, but all i received was disbelief and misguided [and sometimes very physically abusive] cognitive treatments. Which is why my condition was allowed to become as severe as it has. If there ever were any chance of me just "resting" this away, it's long gone now. Long gone. With ME/CFS it is Crucial to get diagnosed as early in as possible to avoid having the patient going through what i had to, severly damaging the rehabilitation process. Problem is, as ME/CFS still isn't taken completely seriously by doctors, even if you do get diagnosed early, that doesn't automatically mean you'll get help. Sad but true.

Later.

2 comments:

Dr Speedy said...

absolutely sad but true.

but great that you have started blogging, so much better than crappy CBT.

all the best, enjoy your blog.

Dr Speedy.

Anonymous with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis said...

Thank you for posting and yes, i have a feeling i will.

WIll try to post something tonight.

Take care.

A.M.E