Saturday, October 20, 2007

Back to square one...again.

I'm having some seriously low times right now. I am so sick of having to struggle so hard only to achieve so little if anything at all. It wears you down, especially when you can't say -"well at least i have my health!".

Things are getting worse at home by the minute and there's a lot of hating going around. When you're stuck in such a straining situation together for such a long period of time, you're bound to eat at eachother, feelings to go sour and If you didn't get along all that well to begin with on top of that - well then things might get like they are now. For many years have i put up with it solely because i've had no other choice but no longer will i let it eat at me, my health and my rehabilitation possibilities they way it does. That is why i am now in there, the system, fighting again. This time not for a diagnosis and for doctors to listen, rather a place to call my own.

I just received an email saying those two apartments i mentioned in an earlier Blog entry, are not available to me. The LSS-head was "mistaken" and the company that owns the apartments in question weren't to keen on letting those attractive apartments go to the LSS-people (i.e - handicapped people are usually unemployed, on financial support and less likely to pay on time).

So, what now then? Well, here in Sweden we have this que system where you get que points based on how long you've been standing in it. One day gives you one point. The more points (days) you have, the more it's likely you'll have more points then the next bloke applying for the very same apartment. You get the point. Let's just say the odds of me finding an apartment the traditional way, outside of the help the LSS people are supposed to be giving me, are quite small as every apartment have some 300-400 people applying. My points usually land me a que position of #200-300 in line. Not too promising i'd say. Perhaps in 5 or so years i'll have racked up enough points to be able to find me a place where i can avert this ongoing crisis, but by then it'll have been too late.

That's what the LSS laws and people are supposed to be for, enforcing my rights to have this situation taken care of as soon as possible as my health actually depends on me finding a new place to call home.

Too bad no one takes it seriously enough.

No comments: