Monday, October 8, 2007

Hit and miss

Well, been more then a week or so since my last entry. Would like to write more but it's hard. Have had many emails to write and frankly, it's depleted my energy depot.

I told mom she needed to make them understand our situation VERY clearly if i was ever to be taken seriously by the LSS people in my quest for an apartment as clearly, for some reason, they weren't taking me seriously. Guess they figured i was just another cranky youth wanting to move away from mommy, despite them knowing what my situation is. Sheesh. After mom having made that call, last week, mom received a phonecall from the head of the LSS people regarding there being a possible apartment for me - an [by Swedish standards] 3 room and kitchen apartment. What that referrs to exactly is two bedrooms, one livingroom and then of course the kitchen. However, what would be more ideal for me is one really big bedroom instead of two smaller ones, one smaller livingroom and one kitchen. That is due to the fact that the electrically adjustable hospital bed [and the need to push the desk that holds my computer, over the bed] creates the need for a lot of room to maneuver in. But hey, at this point i aint' exactly picky so i was pretty excited nonetheless. That is, until she called again today [as well as emailed me directly, which is something i try to get as many people i deal with to do as possible instead of letting my mom become some kind of middleman] to let us know the details of the apartment.

First of all, the apartment was located on the groundfloor/story of the building which is a big no-no as if the apartment gets broken into (which seem to happen a lot with groundfloor apartments in not just the particular area this apartment was located in but overall) i wouldn't exactly be able to defend myself to well. Secondly, it wasn't a handicapp-adjusted apartment, but she assured mom that they would handicapp-adjust whatever apartment i ended up in later on. Good, now they're catching on. Better late then never. The other thing was that, as if the monthly rent wasn't high enough, the electrical bill wasn't included in the stated monthly. Not exactly ideal for a 23 year old with sick-pension living on what the Swedish government states as being the very minimum that a person should have to support him/herself with.

However, the LSS-head (as i'll call her from here on out) stated that there were indeed a possible two other apartments, this time two 2 room and kitchen apartments with a lower rent and in the same location as the first one. Sounds promising, but i dare not keep my hopes up regarding these matters, not any more. I've learnt to expect the worst, to be less disappointed later. It's sad but something my journey has shaped me into doing.

Until next time, take care of yourselves and i'll try to do the same.

No comments: